Eborn Enterprises, Inc.
EEI is a Certified Veteran, Minority Owned Construction Inspection & Management Consultant firm.
Specializing in Construction Inspection for:
- Highway Construction
- Commercial Buildings
- Traffic Data Services
We are MBE/DBE certified for the State of Maryland and North Carolina; as well as MBE certified for the City of Baltimore, Howard and Prince Georges Counties.
Our certification numbers are:
- Maryland Department of Transportation #01-269
- City of Baltimore, MWBOO #02-004105
- State of Delaware #DE0901670
Our inspectors are certified in the following areas:
- Soil and Aggregate Testing
- Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA)
- Radiological Safety
- Concrete Field Testing
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Space Entry & Awareness
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies)
EEI inspectors monitor contractor’s activity in Maintenance of Traffic (MOT), field testing of soils and concrete along with the sampling of materials, inspectors daily log preparation, maintains accurate records, assisting clients in punch list along with semi-final and final inspections on the project. Inspectors maintain a safe work environment for the workers as well as the public, keeping the environment safe with correct sediment and erosion control.
We provide Inspectors for highway construction, roadwork, bridges, utilities, electrical, data collection, and commercial buildings in the areas of civil engineering, infrastructure, environmental, structural, transportation, and recreational projects.
Inspectors are tasked with overseeing and monitoring electrical wiring and equipment in buildings. They ensure that all procedures and materials comply with state codes through the use of mechanical testing equipment as well as visual observations.
Administrative Support Services
Administrative personnel are tasked with maintaining a filing system, record keeping, and input data into client's system; print and review job estimate on a monthly basis. Work directly with the client and contractor making sure all quantities are accurate.
- Repair of existing roadways
- New roadways/highways (soil and aggregate, asphalt and concrete paving, drainage and landscaping)
- Signs and lighting
- Rehabilitation of existing bridges
- Structural inspection and repairs
- Building new bridges
- Installation of conduit
- Installation of electric lines, gas lines, water lines, and sewer lines
About Eborn Enterprises, Inc.
Joseph T. Eborn
CEO & Founder
Eborn Enterprises, Inc. (EEI) was established in October 2000. Under this establishment was Joseph Eborn, president and founder. EEI is certified as a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) for the state of Maryland, including Baltimore City, and Howard County; and the state of North Carolina in the area of Construction Inspection/Management Consulting services. With a passion for the construction field and over 27 years of construction experience, Joseph Eborn, affectionately known as "Joe" took the first steps in fulfilling his dream; the result, Eborn Enterprises, Inc. sprung forth. Having a keen eye and a desire for accuracy and safety on the job inspired Joe. Joe was always concerned about making sure that all jobs met the Maryland /SHA standard specifications.
EEI started out with one administrative assistant and one construction inspector. Joe was inspired to branch out into the surrounding states because his desire was to meet the safety codes/standards on every job, big or small. We have grown and continue to grow due to the demand for qualified inspectors.
EEI ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities, you may contact our office personnel at (443) 348-5251. If you need more information or special assistance regarding limited English proficiency, contact our EEI office personnel and they will be able to direct you to someone who speaks your language.
EEI is committed to provide the next generation of highly qualified Inspectors throughout Maryland and the surrounding states; we strive to provide staff and services that exceed our clients' expectations; Safety will always be an integral part of our mission as well as ensuring the livelihood of all of our valued staff.
Our goal is to work on meaningful, challenging, and rewarding projects as a valuable extension of our clients' staff. We value the trust our clients have placed in us; partnerships and collaborations have been key to the many successes we have had over the past 18 years and we are grateful to serve as a sub consultant.
Partnerships and collaborations have been key to the many successes we have had over the past several years. Eborn Enterprises, Inc. has had the pleasure of providing Construction Inspection and Construction Management services to the following firms as a sub consultant:
- Johnson, Mirmiran & Thomas (JMT)
- Kidde Consultants Inc. (KCI)
- Rummel, Klepper & Kahl (RK&K)
- A. Morton Thomas & Associates, Inc.
- Whitman, Requardt & Associates (WRA)
- O'Connell & Lawrence
- Gannett Fleming, Inc. (GF) & Greenman-Pedersen Inc. (GPI)
- Sabra & Associates
- EBA Construction (EBA)
- Development Facilitators Inc. & CES Consultant (DFI)
State Highway Administration SHA
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc. (JMT)
- Widening MD-175 from Rockenbach Road to MacArthur Road
- Widening MD-175 from Reece Rd. to Llewellyn Ave
Maryland Transportation Authority MDTA
A Morton Thomas and Associates Inc (AMT)
- On-Call Structural Maintenance
- Demo and rebuild new Salt Barn and Dewatering Facility at MDTA Maintenance Yard
- Tunnel Feeder Replacement and Lighting at Fort McHenry Tunnel, East and West Vent Buildings
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc (JMT)
- Bridge Deck Rehabilitation South of the Fort McHenry Tunnel (FMT)
- MDTA 1-95 Bridge, Deck Sealing Miscellaneous repairs over the Bear Creek RT
- 1-895 (1-95 to 1-695) Structure and Superstructure Rehab to various bridges
- Reconstruction of 1-695 US-1-MD-7
- MDTA Deck Sealing and Miscellaneous Rehabilitation to Bridge o 1-395 and 1-95 North of Fort McHenry Tunnel (FMT)
- Install Lighting in supply air ducts at Fort McHenry Tunnel (FMT)
- Holabird Ave Duct Bank Relocation
Sabra and Associates Inc (SAI)
- Holabird Ave Duct Bank Relocation
- Navigational Lighting Renovations at Millard E. Tyding Bridge
- High Mast Lighting replacement along I-95 North Bound and South Bound
Development Facilitators, Inc (DFI)
- Generator Replacement at various facilities
- Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (BHT) Vent building switchgear repainting
- 15KV feeder replacement for the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (BHT)
- Feeder replacement at the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (BHT), Canton Vent Building and Fairfield Vent Building
Rummell, Klepper & Kahl (RK&K)
- Demo and Rebuild new Salt Barn and Dewatering Facility at MDTA Maintenance Yard
Whitman Requardt & Associates (WRA)
- Reconfiguration of I-95 North bound and South bound from Moravia Rd. to the Fort McHenry Tunnel
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc (GPI)
- High Mast Lighting replacement along I-95 North bound and South bound
Kidde Consultants Inc, (KCI)
- Residential Developments for Howard County Department of Public Works
Eborn Enterprises Inc.
21 Governors Ct. Suite 165
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities and limited English proficieny you may contact our office personnel.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org